Transportation Change Requests
Families may apply for a transportation change request if it meets the following criteria:
- The request is not temporary but a predetermined set schedule on a consistent basis for the current school year
- The alternate route is located within bus transportation boundaries and in the same attendance area as the verified residency of record for the student
- The day care pickup or drop-off request must be within bus transportation boundaries, on route within the school attendance area
- The request does not cause the bus route to exceed bus capacity
Alternate route services may be discontinued if:
- The bus capacity limit is reached with non-alternate route students
- The student receives a misconduct slip
Address changes cannot be scheduled until the transportation office receives an updated student record, which will include the new transportation address and school assignment, if applicable. The First Student transportation office does not have the ability to make address changes.
To submit a transportation change, please complete the Transportation Form, which is located in the eForms section of the SIS Portal. A two-week notice before the address changes is preferred.