Lego robotics, Minecraft, Sphero, Breakout boxes, and app creation are just a few of the hands-on STEAM activities available for students to enjoy during camp innovate at Truman Middle School. At camp innovate, we believe in the power of imagination, creativity and innovation.
Our mission is to encourage science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics learning experiences through the design and construction of physical objects. This summer's camp will include:
- Learn the basics of coding
- Explore elements of good video game design
- Create your own video game
- Build robots and write programs to find creative solutions to problems
- LEGO WeDo and Mindstorm kits
- Explore the basics of Minecraft in an open-world game
- Create, collaborate, and problem solve in an immersive environment
- Program a robotic ball to run through mazes and difficult tasks
Highly trained Lindbergh educators will lead the maker activities, which have been designed to support student development, especially in the area of science. Students will engage in making predictions, designing, testing, revising and retesting their project designs. On the last day of camp, students will have an opportunity to share their awesome creations.