Volunteering at Lindbergh
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Lindbergh Schools! As part of our ongoing effort to protect and provide the safest environment for our students, and in accordance with new Missouri law, Lindbergh requires volunteers who supervise students outside the presence of a school district employee to have a background check on file before volunteering.
Volunteer Background Check Requirements
Missouri law requires an FBI background check with fingerprinting for all volunteers who supervise students outside the presence of a school district employee. Examples of volunteers who MUST complete the new background check requirements:
- Field trip supervisors (volunteers who supervise students on field trips outside the presence of district staff)
- Chaperones on school-sponsored trips where teachers are not present at all times
- Community Ed and Rec coaches or instructors
- Drivers of students
Examples of volunteers who DO NOT need a background check. These volunteers serve under the supervision of district employees and are not alone with students at any time:
- Classroom party volunteer
- Building volunteer
- Volunteer for field trips during which teachers are supervising at all times
- Attending field trips when teachers are present
- Attending an event at school, during school hours
Any parent or guardian who is planning to volunteer as part of an activity that takes place outside the presence of a district employee should contact their school’s administrative assistant to begin the volunteer background check screening process.