Lindbergh Schools uses Securly to set internet filtering rules for school devices. The district also receives alerts for online activity related to self-harm and bullying. Now, as part of our commitment to keeping students safe, we are providing parents and guardians with access to the free Securly Home app.
As a parent, you can use Securly Home to stay on top of your student's online activity in real time, and use the online activity feed to open a dialogue with your student about their digital footprint. Securly Home will also send you weekly email reports with a snapshot of your student’s online activity.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get the Securly Home app?
- Download the app from your app store. Tap the Login button and choose the “Get instant access” option after entering the email registered with your school.
- Check your email for an email titled “Your Securly login link”. Click on it to open the app.
- You’re now logged in and ready to go.
What’s the difference between the mobile app, weekly email report and website?
The Securly Home mobile app offers families the most comprehensive feature set.
- View your student’s online activity feed in real time.
- Tap the Pause button to turn on/off internet access to your student’s school device.
- Receive push notifications for flagged activities.
The weekly email report gives a snapshot of your student’s activity for the previous week.
The website provides basic features such as the Activity Feed.
Why can’t I see my student's online activity?
Your school’s agreement with Securly may involve showing at-home activity only. Therefore, your weekly report and activity feed will remain empty unless your student uses their school device off-campus.
Please check with your school to confirm its settings.
Why am I receiving an email from Securly?
Lindbergh Schools uses Securly to provide the best online student safety solutions, and email addresses are registered by the schools.
Once registered, you gain access to the Securly Home app and will begin receiving weekly email reports containing a snapshot of your student’s online activity.
The school registered my email address, but I still haven’t received an email from Securly. What happened?
- Don’t worry, it can take 24-48 hours for everything to load from a school district.
- Be sure to check your Spam/Junk folder for an email from Securly.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Can I add an email address to my student's account?
For security reasons, only your student's school is authorized to register emails. Please contact your school to request any changes.
What content is found in the “Flagged Activities” section?
- If your student's school allows access to Facebook and Twitter on a school-issued device, Securly scans posts (not comments or images) for any indications of bullying or self-harm/suicide.
- Flagged sites: If a student accesses a site related to self-harm, it will be flagged.
- Flagged searches: If a student’s search terms on Google, Bing, Yahoo or Wikipedia are indicative of self-harm/violence, it will be flagged.
I have multiple students. How do I know which item in the Activity Feed or Tab belongs to which student?
The student's email address is listed beside each item in the Activity Feed and is in chronological order.
To view each student's activity, click on the drop-down menu that says “All Activities” and select the student you want to view, or just type their email address in the search bar at the top and hit enter.
Who else can see my student's online activity?
- The school’s network administrator has access to all records.
- School staff can be delegated account access to pull records, if necessary.
- Your school will provide you with a list of which parents or guardians have access.
What data does Securly collect?
Securly monitors your student’s online activity while at school, and off-campus if they are using a school-issued device filtered by Securly.
Securly collects school-issued email addresses, public IP addresses (available to anyone online), visited websites, searched terms, YouTube videos and social media posts (if social media is allowed by the school).
What if I have questions not addressed in this FAQ?
Email email@example.com and one of Securly's Parent Support Agents will assist you.