Parent Advisory Council
The Special School District (SSD) Parent Advisory Council (PAC) is comprised of families advising and collaborating to improve the education, confidence and social outcomes of each student served by SSD.
The PAC consists of five parents or guardians - one member and four alternates - from each of the 22 St. Louis County school districts, as well as the five SSD special education schools. The parents or guardians of students receiving special education services in that district or school elect SSD PAC members.
Get Involved with SSD PAC
- Network with other parents of children who receive special education services
- Become as informed as possible about special education services
- Improve communication between your local school district and SSD
- Create a positive understanding and awareness of students with disabilities
- Establish a network of advocacy for local, state and national disability issues