Families of students in grades K-3 recently received spring FastBridge results that measure reading abilities in a variety of areas. Below is a guide to understanding those results, in addition to summer resources that families can use to support young learners.
- 2018-19 FastBridge Reading Assessment Benchmarks, Grades K-3
- Resources to Support Summer Literacy, Grades K-3
More Information About Our Research
The decision to implement Sonday System Essentials across the district was based on:
- The results from surveys of Lindbergh teachers and students on the piloted phonics programs
- Analysis of student achievement data during the 2018-19 school year
- Review of research on the effectiveness of the piloted phonics programs and their underlying philosophies
Hanover Research, an independent research organization based in Arlington, Va., supported the district’s evaluation of the five piloted phonics programs by designing, administering and analyzing the teacher survey, reviewing the research base supporting each phonics program, and synthesizing the collective findings from the evaluation.