- Lindbergh Schools
Lindbergh Annual Performance Ranks Among Best in Missouri
December 20, 2023
Lindbergh Schools is one of the top performing school districts in the state based on this year’s Annual Performance Report (APR), which was released on Dec. 18 by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
Lindbergh Schools scored highest in Missouri among all school districts with equal or larger enrollment. The district scored 90.3 points on a 100-point scale, which is an increase of 3.6 points over 2022-23.
Students as a whole districtwide met the target or are on track, in every content area that is measured by the Missouri Assessment Program state assessment.
Data shows that overall, Lindbergh students had average or above average growth in the following content areas: English Language Arts, math, science and social studies content areas.
While the APR does not provide school districts with helpful information about individual student growth and academic achievement, it does provide a big-picture snapshot of student performance on the current state assessment. This year’s improved score is a reflection of actual growth in student learning, not simply achievement based on a single test score, said Superintendent of Schools Dr. Tony Lake.
“Over the past several years, we have been moving away from a culture of ‘teaching to the (MAP) test’ and forward toward a more meaningful, impactful model where teachers give multiple assessments throughout the year and personalize learning for students,” Lake said. “This allows teachers to receive timely feedback on student learning and personalize instruction in real time, which ultimately benefits students and results in increased academic growth and achievement. This also allows parents to see their students’ progress throughout the year and empowers students to understand and direct their own learning as well.”
The APR is a one-number metric that DESE uses to define the state’s measure for school effectiveness. It is just one of many data points Lindbergh uses to measure student growth and achievement. In all, 70% of APR scoring is based on student performance data while the other 30% is continuous improvement measurements related to the work of the school district.
Lindbergh Schools is part of a large group of school districts called the Success-Ready Students Network, which includes more than half of all Missouri students in grades K-12. These districts are working together to design a better way to measure student growth and achievement, and ensure that every student is prepared for success in college, career and life.
As one of 20 “System Design Zone” public school districts in the Success-Ready Students Network, Lindbergh is participating in a three-year state waiver that supports the creation of a more meaningful way to measure student learning, demonstrate individual student growth and influence future success for Missouri students. These System Design Zone districts are piloting alternative, growth-based student assessments to replace the MAP test, and developing a better, more meaningful state accountability system to replace the APR.
For more information about this year’s APR , please visit the DESE website.