Students Commit to College Athletics and Activities
May 11, 2021
Lindbergh High School students committed to athletic teams and fine arts programs during a senior signing ceremony Monday, May 10. LHS Athletic Director Scott Luczak and District Music Coordinator Linda Huck congratulated the seniors, who will continue their academic, athletic and performance careers in higher education.
“This is a great honor and very impressive achievement, and we are proud of each of you,” Luczak said. “It is amazing the amount of dedication that goes into playing sports and keeping up your GPA, and this is a great honor.”
Luczak said all of the Lindbergh athletes signing are great students as well, and applauded them on balancing high academic standards with excellent athletic achievements. Only about 7 percent of all high school athletes go on to play collegiate sports, and only 2 percent earn scholarships.
Huck also thanked the students for their hard work and dedication, and for sharing their talents with the Lindbergh community.
“This is a great testament to the school district, to the music department and to all of the families for supporting and encouraging your children in the fine arts,” Huck said.
Lindbergh’s commitments include:
- Mitchell Bonczkowski, baseball, St. Louis Community College
- Peter Borkowski, lacrosse, Concordia University Chicago
- Lydia Brinker, soccer, Baker University
- Emily Buchholz, soccer, Webster University
- Aidan Clancy, baseball, Quincy University
- Elise Falcetti, wrestling, Missouri Valley College
- Alyssa Forbes, cross country and track, Christian Brothers University
- Sofia Gamayo, golf, University of Missouri-St. Louis
- Nick Giesing, soccer, Florida College
- Kayti Graefe, soccer, Lindenwood University
- Pete Grebe, lacrosse, Elmhurst University
- Kaitlyn Guion, vocal performance, Drake University
- Colin Hawkins, baseball, Rend Lake College
- Anna Hays, color guard, Southeast Missouri State University
- James Homfeld, wrestling, Maryville University
- Margaret Jochens, dance, Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Carter Knuckles, basketball, Benidictine University
- Logan Kopp, football, North Dakota State University
- Mary Lanio, orchestra, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Shea McGahan, baseball, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Nick Merlo, soccer, University of Nebraska-Omaha
- Kate Moffat, hockey, College of St, Benedict
- Aaron Moss, baseball, Indiana State University
- Coby Rogers, baseball, Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville
- Dani Rosenberger, tennis, Northern Kentucky University