It is the goal of Lindbergh High School couseling department to properly place all students into courses best suited to their needs as individual learners. In several departments, teacher recommendations are made as to which class a student should take within that content area.
Because we want our students to be both challenged and successful, it is strongly suggested that students follow teacher recommendations for the courses they should enroll in for the following year.
Overview and Timelines
- Students will receive registration materials in mid-January.
- Teachers will assist students in selecting appropriate and challenging courses within their specific content areas during class time.
- Registration forms are due in mid-February.
- Students will enter their course selections online via the SIS Portal.
- Schedules will be available the first week of August via the SIS Portal.
Students are expected to read the course descriptions in the Navigator and discuss course offerings with teachers, parents and counselors before submitting their registration form. Students may make adjustments to their course selections prior to the end of the current school year. Schedule adjustments will not be made over the summer or once the new school year begins.
Dropping a Class
Students are expected to be enrolled in seven classes or six classes and a Learning Lab. A student will be allowed to drop a class and enroll in a Learning Lab until the week after mid-quarter ends, during first and third quarters. Withdrawals from a course into a Learning Lab after the deadline will result in an F in the course for the semester.