Jan. 31, 2022
With the National Weather Service issuing a winter storm watch for later this week, Lindbergh Schools wants to remind our families, students and staff how we make and communicate weather-related decisions. In the event of inclement weather, we may decide to close school based on a number of factors, including student safety, bus transportation, road conditions and wind chill temperature.
Our plan is to use 3-4 days in the 2021-22 school year calendar for inclement weather, should conditions make travel to or from school unsafe for students or staff. This means that school would be closed, and students would not attend classes. This includes students in ARC and Lindbergh Early Childhood Education. To date, we have used no inclement weather days during the 2021-22 school year.
How We Communicate
When possible, the decision to close school is made by 10 p.m. the night before; however, weather events often occur in the early morning. If the decision cannot be made by 10 p.m., then a decision will be made between 5-5:30 a.m. the next morning.
Our school district uses the following tools to communicate school closures due to inclement weather:
- Text: Families and staff will receive a text from us anytime the district is closed due to inclement weather.
- Email: All families and staff will receive an email notification when school is closed.
- Phone: Families and staff will receive a phone call if the decision to cancel school is made during the day or before 10 p.m.
- Website: Inclement weather information will be posted on the homepage of our district website.
- Social Media: Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for weather-related closures.
- Mobile App: Download the Lindbergh Schools mobile app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to receive push notifications for weather-related closures.
- Local News: Lindbergh Schools will be listed on all major TV and radio stations in the event of a weather-related closure.
Thank you for your continued support as we work to keep our students and staff safe during the winter season.