Reopening Task Force Update: June 29, 2020
June 29, 2020
The Lindbergh Schools School Reopening Task Force gathered on Wednesday, June 24. During the meeting, task force subcommittees provided additional updates on their work and continued to work in small groups to develop specific recommendations for reopening school this fall.
Based on the community feedback and the ability to provide social distancing in buildings, the task force is finalizing details in order to offer two separate options for students:
- Full-time, in person instruction
- A high quality virtual learning experience for families who need or prefer this option.
Families Must Complete Virtual Learning Survey Today
The School Reopening Task Force is meeting this summer to create a plan for returning to school that meets the diverse needs of students within this current pandemic. This means that, in addition to at-school learning, a full-time virtual learning option also will be available for students in the fall. The new virtual learning experience will include significant support and structure for both live and independent, offline learning experiences. It will be very different from what students experienced in the spring.
To assist in our planning efforts, we are asking all families to complete a one-question form in SIS by the end of the day today, to indicate whether your family is:
- Definitely planning to enroll in full-time virtual instruction
- Exploring a virtual option, but need more information before making a decision for your family
- Definitely planning for your student to attend school in person
To complete the form:
- Log in to the SIS Portal
- Click on the yellow link that says “Required e-Forms have not been submitted”
- Follow instructions in SIS to complete “2020-21 Virtual Learning Option” form
Share Your Feedback
Lindbergh community members are invited to share feedback with the task force throughout this process. To send a message to any of the subcommittees, please fill out this online form:
School Reopening Task Force Website
The School Reopening Task Force’s primary goal is to provide a safe, high-quality learning environment for all students and staff, and create a plan that meets the diverse needs of students within this current pandemic. This group will meet weekly over the summer and share a draft plan with the community in mid-July. Until then, the district will share weekly updates via email and online.