Long Leaders who are a part of our Service Club Team strive to promote excellence in both character education and academics at Long. Our Long Elementary School Service Club collaborate to make a list of causes they feel most passionate about. These have included:
- Making fleece tie blankets for Stray Cat Rescue based in Chicago
- Collecting soda can tabs for Ronald McDonald House
- Collecting items for kids with cancer to contribute to Katie Do Kare Kits
- Making gifts for teachers to hand out during Teacher Appreciation Week
- Visiting the residents of the Sheridan Park Home to play Bingo, board games, and the Wii. Both the residents and service club had a blast!
Student Lighthouse Team
Two Long Leaders from each classroom, from grades Kindergarten through fifth grade, represent their class in a forum where discussion and dialogue are nurtured. Student’s provide their voice and opinions towards schoolwide decisions. These decisions are reported back to each class by Student Lighthouse representatives.