Sept. 19, 2022
Lindbergh Schools is proud to be named a recipient of the 2022 Top Workplaces Award, sponsored by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. This is the district’s third consecutive year to receive this honor.
For this year’s winners list, 183 St. Louis-area employers were ranked based on their employee survey feedback. Employees complete a scientific survey to rate their workplace culture and provide insights on what makes their organization unique, and employers that score high enough are recognized as Top Workplaces.
“In recent years, we have made a concerted effort to work with our employee groups, listen to their needs, and make improvements in areas like compensation, benefits and supporting a more diverse workforce,” Superintendent Dr. Tony Lake said. “Our philosophy is to live in a culture of yes, where we encourage our teachers and staff to dream big and think outside the box. We are proud to be a Top Workplace, and this honor reflects the areas where we have worked hard to make Lindbergh a great place to work.”
The 24-question employee engagement survey gathers responses on issues relating to workplace culture, including:
- Alignment - where the company is headed, its values, cooperation, effective meetings
- Coaching - managers care about concerns, are helpful, encourage employee development
- Connection - employees feel appreciated, work is meaningful, working at full potential, clued into each other
- Engagement - productivity, retention, recruiting
- Leadership - confidence in company leaders
- Performance - execution, open-mindedness, innovation, clued-in leadership
- The Basics - pay, benefits, flexibility, training, expectations
Employers are categorized by size, and they are ranked within those size groups to accurately compare results.
The Top Workplaces program is offered to employers free of charge. We are proud to share this honor with all of our employees as we work together to continue providing exceptional service to all of our students, families and community members.