Community Ed and Rec
The safety of participants and staff is our primary concern. All programs will adhere to guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This will include the use of protective face coverings, as well as cleaning and sanitation as needed.
- Implement social distancing measures
- Request staff and program participants to complete health and wellness checks at the start of programs
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitizing protocols
- Alter structure of programs
- Currently, all activities are permitted for full team participation, including for high-frequency activities as defined by the St. Louis County Public Health department. High-frequency activities may be divided among different spaces to allow for more instructors, as needed.
- Social distancing is required and 3 feet distance must be applied, when not actively engaged in activities.
- Activity start times must be spaced out to limit overlap or intermingling.
- Face masks or face coverings are required indoors or in close spaces, particularly when social distancing measures are not possible, such as driving instruction.
- Avoid prolonged (more than 10 minutes) team huddles, handshakes or other unnecessary physical contacts.
- Conduct meetings via Zoom with unvaccinated individuals and limit visitors to Community Ed and Rec offices and workspaces.
- Office furniture has been rearranged as needed to better accommodate social distancing.
Health and Wellness Checks
- Ask participants and staff to complete health and wellness checks prior to attending programs.
- Participants and other attendees are responsible for checking if they have experienced any of the following symptoms within the past two weeks:
- Fever (temperature greater than 100.4)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Sore throat, different from seasonal allergies
- New loss of smell and/or taste
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- If they have a household or close contact who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past two weeks.
- If anyone reports affirmative to any of the above COVID-19 screening questions or has a fever they shall stay home or be sent home immediately.
- Staff shall self-complete the above health check prior to being on-site.
Cleaning and Sanitation
- Equipment is not to be shared outside of athletic competitions. Shared equipment must be wiped down/sanitized after each class session.
- Cleaning and sanitizing materials will be properly stored in the Community Ed and Rec office area and provided for pick-up or drop-off at program areas, unless appropriate storage is available on-site for a program.
- All employees will have access to disinfecting wipes to routinely clean surfaces and equipment.
- Additional cleaning and disinfection will take place in key indoor areas of the building before or after events, such as door handles, handrails, benches and bleachers.
- Have full competition when it is deemed appropriate and safe to do so according to guidelines from St. Louis County Public Health department.
- Emphasis on individual exercises and activities when St. Louis County Public Health guidelines are in phases that restrict specific competitions or activities.
- Ask families to limit the number of attendees.
- Require all indoor spectators to wear face coverings.
- Athletes do not need face coverings when active outdoors, but face coverings are required for any indoor activities. We will follow any updated recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Use floor tape or cones to separate spaces and allow for distancing.
- No shared uniforms without proper cleaning or sanitizing between uses.
- Limit equipment and supplies to each individual, when activities allow for it. Sanitize after each use.