LRE was organized in 1985 to provide a continuing connection for all retired Lindbergh employees. Our organization is open to anyone who has worked in any way with or on behalf of students in the Lindbergh School District. LRE serves our members in the following ways:
- Provides members the opportunity to stay in touch with colleagues and coworkers as well as keep abreast of happenings throughout the district.
- Works on behalf of members regarding health insurance and pension matters.
- Informs members of important legislation affecting our retirement and our schools.
- Organizes opportunities to make a difference through volunteer initiatives, scholarships and service opportunities.
- Plans events and outings in the interest of having fun.
LRE’s lineage can be traced back to the Missouri Retired Teachers Association. Through MRTA, we receive leadership training as well as legislative representation and lobbying regarding PSRS (Public School Retirement System) and our pensions. We pay no affiliation fee to MRTA.
Officers for 2016-2018Co-Presidents: • Dianne Schmidt• Mary Hogan
Secretary: • Robbie Engel
Historian: • Marcie DairaghiTreasurer: •. Susan Fluegel
• MNEA Reporter - Susan Fluegel
• MRTA Reporter - Jim Sandfort
Insurance: •. Vicki Stoll
Newsletter: • Mary Meyer
•. Marilyn Forir
Photographer: • Bill White
• Lin Heater
• Tracy Malke
+ Membership Committee Members:
- Central Office - Sandy Conrad
- Support Staff - Naomi Secoy
Crestwood - Karen Papin
- Kennerly - Rosemary Hopson
- Librarians - Vicky Stanford
- Long - Ellen Kramer
- Old Truman/Concord - Robbie Engel
- Sappington - Dianne Schmidt
- Sperreng - Carol Gloss & Vicky Stanford
- High School - Don Bee & Nancy Benson
- SSD - Margaret Barnidge & Jerri Neumann
Social Committee Chairs
- Dee Callanan
- Sara Fabick
- Vic Lenz
Service Projects, Chairs of
- Mary Meyer: Angels' Arms
- Sara Fabick: Signature Parties, Chair
- Colin Davitt, LSD Instructional Technology Specialist
Electronic Correspondence Reporter
- Pat Watt
- Marietta Schwalbe
- Marilyn Forir