LRE was organized in 1985 to provide a continuing connection for all retired Lindbergh employees. Our organization is open to anyone who has worked in any way with or on behalf of students in the Lindbergh School District. LRE serves our members in the following ways:
- Provides members the opportunity to stay in touch with colleagues and coworkers as well as keep abreast of happenings throughout the district.
- Works on behalf of members regarding health insurance and pension matters.
- Informs members of important legislation affecting our retirement and our schools.
- Organizes opportunities to make a difference through volunteer initiatives, scholarships and service opportunities.
- Plans events and outings in the interest of having fun.
LRE’s lineage can be traced back to the Missouri Retired Teachers Association. Through MRTA, we receive leadership training as well as legislative representation and lobbying regarding PSRS (Public School Retirement System) and our pensions. We pay no affiliation fee to MRTA.
Officers for 2019-2020Co-Presidents:Diane Schmidt & Carolyn CandrylVice Presidents: Peggy RobbRobbie EngelRecordingSecretary: Robbie EngelCorrespondingSecretary: Jean Skarda
Historian: Marcie Dairaghi
Treasurer: Susan Fluegel
MNEA Reporter - Susan Fluegel
MRTA Reporter - Jim Sandfort
Insurance: Vicki Stoll
Newsletter: Mary Meyer
Photographer: Bill White
Book & Movie Club:
Pat Watt, Jean Berry & Vicky Stanford
Membership Co-Chairs: Lin Heater & Tracy Malke
Membership Committee Members:
- Central Office - Sandy Conrad
- Support Staff - Naomi Secoy
Crestwood - Karen Papin
- Kennerly - Rosemary Hopson
- Librarians/ Truman MS - Vicky Stanford
- Long - Ellen Kramer
- Old Truman/Concord - Robbie Engel
- Sappington - Dianne Schmidt
- Sperreng - Carol Gloss, Diane Slattery
- High School - Don Bee, Nancy Benson & Amy Richards
- SSD - Margaret Barnidge & Jerri Neumann
Social Committee Chairs - Dee Callanan & Sara Fabick
Scholarship Advisor - Vic Lenz
Service Projects Chairs:
- Mary Meyer: Angels' Arms
- Sara Fabick: Signature Parties
Electronic Correspondence Reporter - Pat Watt
Facebook Manager - Marietta Schwalbe
Website Manager - Vicky Stanford