Lindbergh Schools will comply with St. Louis County Executive Orders and Department of Public Health recommendations regarding sanitation, social distancing, personal protection equipment (PPE) and best practices for the prevention of the spread of COVID-19.
As the guidelines change and adjust, the Lindbergh Schools Human Resources department will adapt to provide the best possible support to employees. A detailed manual of protocols, procedures and resources to prevent the spread of COVID-19 will be provided to all district employees.
Employees are required to perform a daily self-check to assure they have not experienced one of the following within the last 14 days:
- a fever (100.4 or higher)
- a sense of having a fever; chills, a cough, sore throat, severe headache
- new loss of smell or taste
- new muscle aches
- or if they or a close contact has been diagnosed or presumptively diagnosed with COVID-19.
Employees will be provided a resource manual with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as the St. Louis County Department of Public Health.
Teachers and Staff with COVID-19 Symptoms
- If a staff member feels ill and presents with COVID-19 like symptoms including but not limited to fever (temperature greater than or equal to 100.4), significant cough and/or noted shortness of breath during the workday, the employee will be sent home and will be advised to contact their regular licensed health care provider (MD/DO/NP) with their symptoms and follow up needs.
- Employees must be cleared by a licensed medical provider (MD/DO/NP) prior to returning to work.
- A custodian will be directed to clean and disinfect affected areas.
- Human Resources will keep in contact with employees to ensure they have all necessary information and support.
District Contact Tracers
- We will have trained contact tracers on staff in each building to ensure proper notification protocols are followed when an individual tests positive for COVID-19.
- These staff members will be trained as contact tracers by John Hopkins University.
- The Director of Human Resources will also be trained and will support district contact tracers.
Personal Protective Measures
- Employees are required to wear face coverings as directed by the St. Louis County executive order.
- PPE (gloves, masks, gowns) will be provided for health room staff and employees who work in very close proximity to students with special needs, and face shields will be provided to nurses for use when conducting procedures on students.
- Sanitizers/cleansers, hand soap, and tissues are provided throughout all buildings.
- Signs will be posted to remind and encourage employees to follow district safety guidelines.
- Lindbergh Schools will continue to monitor local health department recommendations regarding social distancing.
- Employees will not congregate in offices, halls, conference rooms, cafeterias, or community spaces.
- Facilities will be set up to support social distancing.
Cleaning and Sanitation
- Cleaning crews will disinfect buildings daily.
- Teachers will limit multiple students touching/interacting with the same materials, and keep students socially distanced within the classroom as much as possible.
- Custodial staff will ensure that teachers and staff have access to sanitation supplies.