Lindbergh Schools will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's recommendations for public schools. As guidelines change and adjust, the Human Resources department will adapt to provide the best possible support to employees.
Employees are required to perform a daily self-check to assure they have not experienced one of the following within the last 14 days:
- a fever (100.4 or higher)
- a sense of having a fever; chills, a cough, sore throat, severe headache
- new loss of smell or taste
- new muscle aches
- or if they or a close contact has been diagnosed or presumptively diagnosed with COVID-19.
Employees will be provided a resource manual with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Teachers and Staff with COVID-19 Symptoms
- If a staff member feels ill and presents with COVID-19 like symptoms including but not limited to fever (temperature greater than or equal to 100.4), significant cough and/or noted shortness of breath during the workday, the employee will be sent home and will be advised to contact their regular licensed health care provider (MD/DO/NP) with their symptoms and follow up needs.
- Employees must be cleared by a licensed medical provider (MD/DO/NP) prior to returning to work.
- A custodian will be directed to clean and disinfect affected areas.
- Human Resources will keep in contact with employees to ensure they have all necessary information and support.
District Contact Tracers
- We will have trained contact tracers on staff in each building to ensure proper notification protocols are followed when an individual tests positive for COVID-19.
- These staff members will be trained as contact tracers by John Hopkins University.
- The Director of Human Resources will also be trained and will support district contact tracers.
Personal Protective Measures
- Employees are required to wear face coverings as directed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- PPE (gloves, masks, gowns) will be provided for health room staff and employees who work in very close proximity to students with special needs, and face shields will be provided to nurses for use when conducting procedures on students.
- Sanitizers/cleansers, hand soap, and tissues are provided throughout all buildings.
- Signs will be posted to remind and encourage employees to follow district safety guidelines.
- Teachers will keep students socially distanced within the classroom as much as possible.
- Lindbergh Schools will continue to monitor recommendations regarding social distancing.
Cleaning and Sanitation
- Cleaning crews will disinfect buildings daily.
- Custodial staff will ensure that teachers and staff have access to sanitation supplies.