Lindbergh Schools, in partnership with First Student, has created this plan to ensure that students are transported to and from school in a safe and healthy manner.
- Families will be required to sign up for bus service for each student.
- Bus service will be limited to:
- Elementary school students who live more than .5 miles from school
- Middle and high school students who live more than 1 mile from school
- Considerations will be made when there are no safe walk-to-school zones and/or hazards (ex: four-lane highways)
- Bus service will be limited to transportation of students from home to school, and school to home.
- All schools will track ridership for contact tracing purposes.
- Students will follow district health screening protocols when riding the bus.
- Students will not be permitted to ride any bus except the one to which they are assigned. This is a change from previous years, when students could ride a different bus with parent/guardian permission.
- All students must wear a face covering on the bus, as required by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- All students will have assigned seats.
- Family members may sit together.
- All bus riders must remain in their seats and must abstain from touching other students.
- Students and family members should practice social distancing at bus stops and follow CDC requirements for wearing face coverings on public transportation.
Sanitation and Driver Safety
- First Student will sanitize buses according to district-approved protocols.
- Drivers will wear face coverings during their routes and have access to gloves.
Parent Drop-Off and Pickup
- Parents transporting their students to and from school should follow their school’s arrival and dismissal protocols, including actual drop-off and pickup times.
- Do not block bus loading zones.
- All drop-off and pickup will occur outside the school building.
- Schools will employ crossing guards to assist with student walkers and bike riders.