Lindbergh Schools, in partnership with First Student, has created this plan to ensure that students are transported to and from school in a safe and healthy manner.
- Families will be required to sign up for bus service for each student.
- Bus service will be limited to:
- Elementary school students who live more than .5 miles from school
- Middle and high school students who live more than 1 mile from school
- Considerations will be made to create safe walk-to-school zones and avoid hazards (ex: four-lane highways)
- Bus service will be limited to transportation of students from home to school, and school to home.
- After-school activity buses will not be provided.
- Elementary schools will track ridership for contact tracing purposes.
- Students will follow district health screening protocols when riding the bus.
- All students will have an assigned seat.
- Family members may sit together.
- Buses will always load by seating students from back to front.
- Buses will always unload by dismissing students from front to back.
- All students must wear a face covering on the bus.
- All bus riders must remain in their seats and must abstain from touching other students.
- Students and family members should practice social distancing at bus stops and follow St. Louis County orders for wearing face coverings in public places.
Sanitation and Driver Safety
- First Student will sanitize buses according to district-approved protocols.
- Drivers will have temperature taken each day.
- Drivers will wear face covering during their routes and have access to gloves.
Parent Drop-Off and Pickup
- Parents transporting their student to and from school should follow their school’s arrival and dismissal protocols (please adhere to actual drop off and pick up times).
- All drop off and pick up will occur outside the school building.
- Schools will employ crossing guards to assist with student walkers and bike riders.