Registration for K-12 Students
All incoming K-12 students must register online via the SIS Portal. It is important to complete the entire online registration process for your student. If you do not complete the process, your student is not actively registered. The online registration process is not compatible with smartphones and tablets.
Paper registration packets are available for families without internet access. Families who need additional assistance with the registration process may schedule an appointment by contacting our district registrar at 314-729-2444.
In accordance with Senate Bill No. 572, a child must be 5 years old before the first day of August to attend kindergarten. Children may only be registered by a parent or court-appointed legal guardian.
For the 2021-22 school year, we will offer kindergarten families selected weeks to complete the registration process according to the school attendance area. To confirm your residency and locate your student’s school, please use our map and boundaries feature or call 314-729-2400, ext. 8500.
2021-22 Kindergarten Registration Schedule
- Kennerly Elementary School: Jan. 19-22, 2021
- Concord Elementary School: Jan. 25-29, 2021
- Long Elementary School: Feb. 1-5, 2021
- Dressel Elementary School: Feb. 8-12, 2021
- Crestwood Elementary School: Feb. 16-19, 2021
- Sappington Elementary School: Feb. 22-26, 2021
Lindbergh Early Childhood Education families registering for kindergarten should complete the corresponding e-form in the SIS Portal in lieu of the full registration process outlined above. Proof of residency and updated immunization records are required to finalize registration.
Kindergarten Registration and COVID-19
Kindergarten registration for the 2021-22 school year will continue during the COVID-19 pandemic. In-person registration appointments have been postponed and will resume when we return to normal operations. During COVID-19 closure, families are encouraged to submit the required documentation listed below via email to our district registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Two proofs of parent residency. This can include a real estate or personal property tax bill, rental or purchase contract plus deposit receipt, or an IRS tax return, in addition to a current utility bill.
- Child’s up-to-date immunization records - must be submitted before the registration process can be completed.
- In cases where parents are divorced - a copy of the section of the dissolution decree (not the petition) which stipulates custody.
- Official birth certificate issued by the Bureau of Vital Statistics.